Saturday, July 14, 2007

A birthday to remember!

A little late, but I never mentioned my awesome birthday last week. R- outdid himself by managing the following:
a) I got to go shopping by myself. I went to CCA and got a ton of stuff for A-'s Montessori homeschool preschool next year for all of $13. Then I went to Dollar General and got some more stuff, and stopped at Home Educator's Resource where I found a book I've been wanting to read for less than half-price and geometric solids used for $7, and stopped at Staples for their 1cent deals and spent 15 cents on 10 folders, 3 packs of pencils, and a hand pencil sharpener. I felt a little bad about not buying anything at full price but I got over it. Overall, a banner shopping morning.
b) I came home to a chocolate birthday cake with balloons on it (chosen by A-) and three presents and a handmade card.
c) After lunch and cake R- tooke them for a bike ride and I got to do yoga for an hour by myself.
d) We went to Nick's and had Italian and the girls were very good and it wasn't crowded so it was easy to have kids there.
I have a picture but I can't seem to get it to upload.

My hummingbirds have arrived! It took a week but I've seen them there three times already today.


A- calls me "mamma-mia". I swear we haven't been listening to ABBA or anything. I don't know where she gets it, a few months ago it was "mee-mee" both of which are better than when she was calling R- "doo-doo". He nipped that one in the bud. I can't imagine why.

A- now can not only make French toast, she can cut strawberries with a real knife (with supervision of course) and she made her own PB&J today. She cut off the crusts, then cut a shape with a cookie cutter, then spread the jam and PB on the shape and all the little pieces. And she ate the whole thing with no complaints. She told me she'd make my sandwich tomorrow.

No comments: